The course validates participants the following skills at the end of the training:
- Ability to install, configure, operate, and troubleshoot medium-size routed and switched networks
- Ability to plan, implement, verify and troubleshoot local and wide-area enterprise networks
- Work collaboratively with specialists on advanced security, voice, wireless and video solutions
- According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), employment opportunities are expected to increase by 12% from 2012-2022 for networking technicians and systems administrators.
- CCNA and CCNP certifications are widely respected IT certification programs that add value and help networking professionals to advance their careers.
- According to Robert Half Technology, networking professionals with Cisco networking administration skills can expect to earn a 9% premium above average salaries in the industry.
Participants are able to:
- Install, operate and troubleshoot medium-sized network routers, switches, data center and offer service and support.
- Understand the key fundamentals of networking and TCP/IP with functionalities of Spanning Tree Protocol (STP) & Ether Channel
- Gain key skills for managing the CISCO Internetwork, devices and the process of configuration and troubleshooting of OSPF, EIGRP, and IPv6
- Work confidently on WANs, Network Address Translation (NAT), DHCP &NTP
- Acquire full understanding of basic and advanced concepts of VLAN, Inter-VLAN routing , IPv4 addressing and IOS licensing
- Plan, implement, verify, troubleshoot local &wide-area enterprise networks and work collaboratively with specialists on advanced security, voice, wireless and video solutions
- Work with ease on the three modules: ROUTE; SWITCH; and TSHOOT
- Master the advanced concepts of IP addressing and routing in a LAN or WAN environment
- Learn the concepts for configuring various network monitoring options ,routing and switching technologies
- Get hands-on experience in maintaining and troubleshooting Cisco Routers and Switches through virtual labs
CCNA Exam and certification details
Participants can take the CCNA® Routing & Switching Certification Exam conducted by CISCO and become Cisco Certified Network Associate.
There are two methods to complete CCNA® Routing & Switching Certification and our training is compatible for both the exam methods. Candidates can appear for the CCNAX 200-120 CCNA or ICND1 100-101 ICND1 & ICND2 200-101 ICND2 exams.
Cisco doesn’t reveal the grading pattern of the exams or the cut off scores for passing CCNAX or ICND1 & ICND2.
The duration of CCNAX exam is 90 minutes, with 50-60 questions. The exam contains different types of questions:
- Multiple choice questions (MCQs) with single answer
- Multiple choice questions (MCQs) with multiple answers
- Drag & Drop questions
- Fill in the blanks
- Simulation based questions
The duration of ICND1 & ICND2 exam is 90 minutes (40-50 questions) and 75 minutes (50 – 60 questions) respectively.
The resulting certification upon successful completion of the exam is valid for 3 years.
CCNP Exam and certification details
Participants can take the CCNA® Routing & Switching Certification Exam conducted by CISCO and become Cisco Certified Network Professional.
Participants upon successfully completion of the CCNP training can opt to take ROUTE 642-902, SWITCH 642-813, and TSHOOT 642-832 exams to complete the requirements for the CCNP Routing and Switching Certification.
Following are the individual exam details:
- ROUTE (642-902) – 120 minutes (45 – 55 Questions)
- SWITCH (642-813) – 120 minutes (35 – 45 Questions)
- TSHOOT (642-832) – 135 minutes (35 – 40 Questions)
General topics are likely to appear on the exam, but these topics are subjective to change without notice.
Hence candidates must be well prepared for the exam.
- ROUTE and SWITCH exams consist of mostly multiple-choice questions, with additional drag and drop, fill-in-the-blank, and simulation questions.
- TSHOOT exam consists mostly of simulations, with a few multiple-choice questions, drag and drop, and fill-in-the-blank questions.
This certification is valid for three years within which the individual must reappear for the exam or achieve a specialized CCNP or CCIE certification.
On achieving the CCNP® Routing and Switching certification, the individual also receives IPv6 Forum Certified Gold Engineer status.